King Edward Aston (SSP) offers a comprehensive package of support for our 19 partner primary schools in the Aston and Perry Barr district. We frequently review our offer to ensure that it reflects the evolving world of education and consult with key stakeholders to that schools receive the highest quality offer for their staff and pupils.
Our Primary Physical Education package sits alongside the key indicators outlined in the School Sport Premium Plan:
- Engaging all pupils in physical activity
- Raising the profile of PE and School Sport as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Increasing the range of activities offered to pupils
- Increasing participation in competitive sport
Member schools are entitled to half a day of CPD or 2 twilight sessions. We offer the following options:
- Swimming Teachers course
- Outdoor Education Teachers course
- Mental Health and Physical Exercise Workshop (Staff and Pupils)
- 5 Steps to Wellbeing Workshop (Pupils)
- Lesson Planning
- Demonstration lessons (half day / full day)
- Assessment and Tracking in Physical Education
- New OFSTED Framework and how it applies to Physical Education
CPD delivery supports Key Indicator 1, 2, 3 of the School Sport Premium Grant.
PE Co-ordinator Support
Member schools are entitled to the following training for their Primary Link Teacher:
- 2 Full Days – PE Co-ordinators Briefing
- Advice and guidance regarding School Games Mark Application
PE Co-ordinator training supports Key Indicator 1, 2, 3 of the School Sport Premium Grant.
We offer all our member schools access to:
- 3 terms of coaching and an after school club in a range of different sports
- Half a year of an additional after school club
All our coaches are highly experienced and have been through an enhanced DBS check.
Coaching through KESSP supports Key Indicator 1, 4, 5 of the School Sport Premium Grant.
We run a full School Games calendar for all our partner schools. In addition, our member schools have access to monthly leagues in:
King Edward Aston SSP believes in a fully inclusive offer for all our partner schools. This is why we have added more competitions than ever before to meet the needs of our schools including:
- Key Stage 1 Multi-skills
- Key Stage 2 Multi-skills
- Cross County
- Smile Festival (Inclusion Festival)
- Change4Life Festival
- Gifted and Talented Days
- Girls Only Days
- Girls Football
- Boys Football
- Personal Challenge
King Edward Aston SSP also offers staff the opportunity to compete in our staff competitions throughout the year.
Our competition offer supports Key Indicator 1, 4, 5 of the School Sport Premium Grant.
Member schools have the opportunity to book on to the following schemes as part of their buy-in package:
- Lunchtime Supervisor Training
- Bikeability Scheme
- Balanceability Scheme
- Play Leaders Training
- Access to the Trinity Road site for Sports Days
Our additional support relates to Key Indicator 1 and 2 of the School Sport Premium Grant.