School Games Mark
The application window for the 2018/19 academic year has now closed!
What is the School Games Mark?
The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process allows schools to evaluate their PE provision and assists them in developing an action plan for future progress. Read on to find out more about why to apply and how to go about it.
How can I apply?
School Games registered schools are eligible to apply once a year during an application window, which traditionally takes place during the summer term, and are graded against set criteria. The School Games Mark is a retrospective award and all answers submitted should consider the current academic year, i.e. the current term and the two previous terms.
Applications are made via a short form available to all registered schools through their online dashboards. If you are already registered please click the ‘Log in’ button at the top of the page to get started. If you’re not registered or are unsure of whether your school has been involved previously, please use the school search on the right-hand side to locate your school on our website.
Why should our school apply?
– OfSTED use the Mark award as part of their inspection framework
– You can proudly display your certificate and pennant at your school
– You can use it as a development tool to aid the PE teacher or Headteacher as your school
– You can add the logo to letterheads and email signatures to show your outstanding commitment to school sport.
What are the key criteria?
Each School Games Mark application is divided into four sets of questions. They cover the following basic topics…
- Participation – how many young people at your school are being engaged in sporting activity?
- Competition – how many different sports are being played and how many competitions are being entered?
- Workforce – how many pupils are involved in leadership activities alongside taking part in competitions?
- Clubs – how many local links does your school have with clubs or establishments from the area?
Register or login now to access further information.
To access the dashboard all registered schools must log in using their username and password.
Not yet registered? Registration takes just a few minutes and all schools can access a range of alternative, modified and traditional competition formats helping schools to offer new and exciting options to students through the Sainsbury’s School Games.